UK Drug Testing Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
Access Diagnostic Test UK Limited and UK Drug Testing takes its CSR very seriously and believe it is important to give back and support our local community and our employees, as well as doing what we can to minimise our impact as a company, on the environment.
We believe it is vitally important to treat our employees fairly
- As company directors, we believe it is important to treat our employees fairly, and in a way that we would wish to be treated ourselves.
- We believe it is our duty to provide a safe, healthy and friendly workplace
- We have a great team at Access Diagnostic Tests, and we want to keep it that way.
- We believe in rewarding hard work and dedication with good pay and good working conditions.
- Our working hours are 8.30-4.30pm Monday to Friday because those are the hours that our employees prefer, because it means they come to work in daylight and leave work in daylight all year round.
- Our full time employees are entitled to have 6 weeks ( 30 days ) annual leave plus UK bank holidays ( 8 days ). A total of 38 days. Part time employees holiday entitlement is based on number of days they work equivalent.
- All our staff work the number of days that they wish to work
We believe it is important for a company to help look after the environment
How do we as a company minimise our impact on the environment:
- We use our use resources efficiently, making sure all lights and computers are turned off in the office when not in use.
- All our lighting is LED energy-efficient lights
- We recruit from within our local community to minimise on staff commuting
- All our staff including the two directors live within 3 miles or less of our office
- Three members of staff frequently cycle to work and two often walk
- Any team member who can work from home do so most of the time
- We try to re-use all the boxes that we receive goods in from manufacturers
- We recycle our inkjet printer cartridges in aid of our charity of the year 'The East Coast Hospice Appeal'
- We refill some of our printer cartridges
- We recycle all recyclables through our staff kitchen
Sailing Tectona is UK Drug Testing charity of the year 2020/ 2021
This year we are excited to be supporting this amazing charity Sailing Tectona which helps those in recovery make positive changes in their lives through sailing training on these fantastic sailing ships.
Access Diagnostic Tests UK Ltd charity of the year last year was The East Coast Hospice Appeal
- A Norfolk coast charity with the ambition to raise funds to build and run an adult hospice with 10 inpatient beds and also day services to support people in the community at home.
- The hospice will provide specialist end of life care and well being support free of charge, and will rely on the support of the community to do this.
- The cost of building and fitting out the hospice will be £5 million and the building programme will take around 18 months.
- The charity has already made great progress by purchasing 7.54 acres of land and securing planning permission. The land is fenced and the ground works are in place.
- The next stage is to raise £2.5 million. Once they have this cash in the bank, they can start building and applying to grant-making trusts for the remainder of the capital costs.
How are Access Diagnostic Tests helping the charity
- Financially with donations of cash
- Donating raffle prizes for fundraising events
- We are selling a fundraising East Coast Hospice Stethoscope through our medical equipment website Valuemed and also through our Amazon shop
- Sharing and promoting fundraising events on social media and at networking events
- Advising on website development & speed
- Supporting fundraising event
- Encouraging our employees to become involved with the charity and to help spread the word