ALLTEST Cotinine Smoking Detection Surface Wipe Test Kit (powder and surface)
The ALLTEST powder and surface wipe test allows fast testing for traces of Cotinine
- Cotinine wipe with a sensitivity of just 200ng needed to provide a specific positive test result
- Can be used to wipe or swab surfaces, powder residues to detect the presence of Cotinine a by product of smoking cigarettes
- Substances can also be added directly to the buffer solution for testing.
- This Cotinine surface wipe drug test kit is also specific for Cotinine, unlike wipe or pad test which can react to other drugs and contaminants.
- Individually foil wrapped Cotinine surface wipe with long expiry dates
- Very sensitive drug test for Cotinine
- Highly accurate and specific test to detect cotinine residues
ALLTEST Cotinine Surface Wipe Test Kit (powder and surface) pack contents
- Cotinine test panel
- Buffer solution
- Instructions for performing the Cotinine test
Uses of the Cotinine substance identifiction and surface Cotinine drug test kit
- The Cotinine powder identification test kit from ALLTEST allows surfaces to be quickly tested on-site for the presence of cotinine.
- It also allows surfaces to be swabbed, using the prongs on the test device and then run, using the buffer solution to identify microscopic deposits of cotinine.
- This allows rapid and accurate environmental tests to be completed on-site.
- Suitable for workplace, office, vehicles, restaurants, toilets, home and multiple environments where nicotine use and smoking may be an issue
How to use the surface cotinine test kit to see if a substance contains Cotinine or a surface is contaminated with cotinine residues
- It is always advisable to read the instructions supplied with the test kit, and make sure you understand them before starting the test. A timer is also helpful.
- Remove the cotinine test kit from the foil and take the cap off. Keep it nearby as it is required in a later step
- Hold the Cotinine test kit so that the prong is facing downwards
- If you are using the test kit as a surface test then wipe the prong that sticks out thoroughly across the surface that you wish to test.cap that you removed in step 2.
- Now carefully remove cap from buffer and put the buffer solution into the cap
- Keeping the cap upright so as not to spill the buffer solution, carefully put the prong into the cap so that it can absorb the buffer and leave it there for 10-15 seconds in the upright position.
- You should now be able to see a pink colour appear within the window on the test kit
- Make sure the cap is secure and lay the test kit flat. Set your timer
- Read the result at 5-10 minutes
If you are using the test to check if a substance is cotinine then follow steps 1-3 as before. Then add the substance to the buffer and replace and mix gently. Then follow steps 5-9 as before.
How to read the results of the Cotinine surface test
- First you need to look for the C (Control ) line. If this is present it means that enough of the buffer solution has been absorbed to run the test correctly.
- Next look for a T (Test line) . If this is present then the result is a negative result and means that no cotinine was detected by the test. If the T line is not as dark as the C line this is still a negative result, and is not of any significance.
- If the T line is not visible and you have a C line then this is a positive result meaning that cotinine residue has been detected
How sensitive is the Cotinine surface and powder drug test
- The sensitivity of this cotinine surface and powder test kit is 200ng/ml over this level the test shows a positive result.
- 200ng has been selected as the cut off level for positive results to minimise false positive results occurring from general environmental contamination.
- At 200ng and above a positive result is strongly indicative of recent cotinine contact with the surface when performing wipe tests.
- One nanogram (ng) is one billionth of a gram, so this test can detect tiny quantities of cotinine which are commonly deposited on surfaces when someone is smoking on the premises
We Also Recommend
ALLTEST 13 Panel Urine Drug Test Cup With Adulteration And Temp Strip DOA-1137-A1
Behemoth 16 Panel Drug Test Cup With Twin Adulteration And Temp Strip Urine DOA-1167-A1